Jazz Standards (C)

Misty – Erroll Garner

Misty Lead Sheet

If you’re looking or the Misty lead sheet, you’ve most definitely come to the right place! The song has been written by Erroll Garner.

Misty is a super fun and great jazz standard that has been around forever!

It’s a jazz standard that gets called at jazz sessions, jam sessions, small band sessions and is used in educational settings to teach young students more about harmony, melody and so on!

As always, we will take a minute to discuss the jazz standard, what’s unique about it and what to look out for in order to fully master it.

Misty is a super fun jazz standard that is written in the key of Eb, an even more funner key to play in.

It’s important that when you would like to master this song, that you learn the melody first.

Next step is to make sure that you’ve fully memorized the harmony and then decide what the best voicing is (in case you are a piano or guitar player).

At that point, we have to practice flying through the changes and chord progressions, which is one of the most important parts as a piano, guitar or other jazz player, considering that if you take a look at what the regular jazz standard performance looks like, we’d be dealing with 5% spent on playing the main theme, and the rest , the 95% spent on performing and playing through the changes in solo like playing.

If you enjoy this jazz standard, feel free to share it with your fiends and music colleagues. We would love to have Minedit become the go to website for musicians and jazz musicians a like!

If you are looking for another jazz standard, don’t hesitate to use the search box in the menu bar above and type in the name of the jazz standard you are looking for!

The Minedit Team

For DMCA requests, please email dmca@minedit.com.
Minedit is the largest website/blog on the internet. It talks about everything.

Related Posts

Song For My father Lead Sheet

Song For My Father – Horace Silver

Song For My Father is one of the biggest classic jazz standards.

Someday My Prince Will Come Lead Sheet

Someday My Prince Will Come – Larry Morey

This classic theme song from the Seven Dwarfs turned jazz standard.

Stella By Starlight Lead Sheet

Stella By Starlight – Victor Young

Stella By Starlight is one of the most famous classic jazz standards.

There Will Never Be Another You Lead Sheet

There Will Never Be Another You – Warren/Gordon

This standard is often used in recitals and is known as the fast ballad.

On Green Dolphin Street Lead Sheet

On Green Dolphin Street – Ned Washington

The infamous On Green Dolphin Street standard, by Washington.

Groovin High Lead Sheet

Groovin High – Parker & Gillespie

One of Charlie Parker’s most iconic pieces.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *